- 1958: A ‘Canal Boat’ was brought to New Haven during Canal Days.
- 1959 – 1965: Festival activities were not held during this time.
- 1966: A community-wide Centennial celebration was held. This successful event was coordinated by an extraordinary number of volunteers from throughout the community.
- 1967 – 1973: Canal Days activities were not held in the city. However, an annual Sidewalk Days sale was organized by enthusiastic downtown merchants who banned together and later organized a small street festival along with the sidewalk sales.
- 1974 – 1978 The New Haven Festival Committee was incorporated in 1974. Festival activities were held in downtown New Haven with the strong help and guidance merchants.
- 1979 – 1985: Festival activities grew and were moved to the New Haven Plaza. This is where thru the Canal Days events took strong root within and throughout the community.
- 1986: Festival activities were moved to Jefferson Township Park…the year of the “Big Rainout”!
- 1987 to Present: Festival activities were moved back to the downtown area after a survey of business owners was taken. This location has proven to be very successful in terms of attendance and community support. Activities were eventually extended into the Schnelker Park area.
Since 1976, the New Haven Festival Committee has reinvested its annual profits back into the City of New Haven.
Tornado Warning System 17,000.
Tornado Warning Signal Cards 500.
Parks & Recreation 3,800.
Cardiac Life-Pak (E-45) 5,000.
Downtown Christmas Decorations 20,263.
Annual Christmas Lighting Programs in Park 14,115
Santaland Community Program & Workshop 4,000.
Make-A-Wish Foundation 450.
New Haven High School “Spell Bowl” 250.
New Haven Emergency 45 Training Fund & Institution (1999) 8,750.
New Haven Police Reserves (Radios, Programs, Training) 12,450.
New Haven D.A.R.E. Program(2001) 3,565.
Havenhurst Park Pavilion 1,000.
Downtown PA System (Emergency Preparedness) 10,000.
New Haven Chamber of Commerce (Ball State Study & Main St.) 6,500.
New Haven Community Trails Program 500.
New Haven High School Soccer Club 600.
Yellow Ribbon Effort (Persian Gulf War) 100.
NHHS Class of ‘91 &’92 (After-Prom Activities) 200.
PA System (Parks & Recreation) 2,400.
New Haven High School Arts Scholarships 12,200.
Christmas Family, 1992, 2000 1,800.
New Haven Area Heritage Assn. (Depot Renovation) 500.
Community Halloween Party 200.
Youth For Christ (New Haven Program) 2,700.
New Haven Police Explorers 1,250.
New Haven Weather Satellite System 2,399.
New Haven Baseball Association 500.
Blaising Social Services 700.
New Haven K-9 Program 1,250.
New Haven Police/Administration Building 5,000.
Power House Youth Center (1999) (2000) (2001) (2002) 2,250.
New Haven Police Reserves/Bike Patrol Program (1999) (2000) 1,100.
New Haven Adams Twp. Fire Dept./Smoke Detectors 500.
New Haven Adams Twp Fire Dept. Fire Prevention 500.
New Haven Emergency Medical Services 500.
New Haven Police Reserves 500
Power House Youth Center 500